Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cousins Meeting

I believe I have mentioned my co-worker Martha. She is lovely and we have a lot of fun but I am always learning new things about her. The other week she had to leave for the weekend to go to a "Cousins' Meeting." I was intrigued...
I had to know more! Our conversation went something like this: 
"What is a Cousins' Meeting?" Erin asks innocently.
"You don't have cousins' meetings?" Martha says in surprise.
"Well we get together about once a year but we don't have formal meetings," explains Erin.
"But what do you talk about?"
"I don't know, we just hang out."
"You don't take minutes at your cousins' meetings?!" asks Martha in shock.

After much discussion I learned that Martha and her cousins (over 40 of them) are a registered group and get together 3 times a year in different cities to meet. And they truly meet. Martha is the secretary and she takes notes. She let me look at her minutes book and here is an excerpt.
"It was resolved that those who had not married to try as much as possible to do so and involve parents colsutation while exercising due care."
At this meeting is was also decided that they would have a secret friend for the the next meeting which was a big hit because that is now a regular event and was the focus of the most recent meeting. So, Kyle, Hannah, Kristie, Grant, Aloy, what do you think? Cousins' Meeting next year? :)

1 comment:

  1. That's it. We have been totally unprofessional. I nominate Brittany for minutes-taker, and frankly, the Grant marriage situation is of epic proportions. Change needs to happen.

    ReplyDelete